Traditional Restoration is primarily a contracting company that provides head contractor services to the heritage industry.
The company carries all relevant insurances for commercial conservation and restoration building projects and although we have worked interstate and internationally, we predominantly undertake works within the Sydney CBD region.
The company employs a Construction Manager and 2-3 Project Managers, a Safety and Quality Manager as well as Project Co-ordinators and Contracts Managers and Administrators.
This division focuses on the co-ordinated delivery of specialised heritage trades & services for the conservation and restoration of historic and heritage listed buildings. Our over 30 years of experience has equipped us with an intimate understanding of the way in which historic buildings are constructed, decorated and the ability to program and sequence activities so as to protect original fabric and minimise delays in a way that few general building contractors can.
By employing Traditional Restoration, the owners of heritage assets also benefit from not paying unnecessary margins normally applied by general building contractors to outsourced specialised heritage trades. We directly employ the vast majority of the rare skilled tradespeople required to complete a restoration project. As a result of this skill retention, TRC do not have to rely on the vagaries and fluctuating availabilities of otherwise critical subcontractors.
Painting and French polishing
- Supply/ fix indent and whole stones
- Materials handling
- Supply and fix scaffold & monorail systems
- Retooling of existing facade
- Desalination of salt infected areas
- Mortar and epoxy repairs
- Crack injection and consolidation
- Re-point as required in masons putty
- Supply and fix lead weathering
- Repair and re-glazing of clock
- Painting of external windows
- Supply/install replacement carved stone
- Supply and install lead sheet weathering
- Re-tool exfoliating stone surfaces
- Desalinate salt affected surfaces
- Full façade clean
- Removal of asbestos contaminated pointing
- Full façade re-point
- Mortar repairs using Natural Hydraulic Lime (NHL)
- Conservation of wrought iron ridge cresting and decorative grills
- Supply and install stainless steel seismic reinforcement to the tower
- Supply and install façade lighting
- Upgrade Fire Control Systems
- Re-paint external windows and internal walls and surfaces to the tower
- Supply and install scaffolding & structural steel hoardings
- Supply and install decorative external scaffold mesh and hoarding artwork.
- TSM Consulting were engaged to undertake the façade condition assessment and compile tender documentation. The project was awarded after a competitive tender
- Supply/install replacement stone shipped from Australia
- Supply and install lead weathering
- Supply and install replacement terracotta units shipped from the United Kingdom
- Investigate and repair concrete encased rusting steel structure
- Supply and install scaffolding
- Supply/install structural steel hoardings
- Wash the building facades
- Full façade repointing
- Re-tool and repair façade
- Conserve copper clad statue surmounting parapet